Social Media Associate
At SportTechie, we make sports smarter. Through immersive storytelling and industry-leading events, we connect you to the innovators and power brokers who are shaping the future of sports technology.
Who is SportTechie for? Whether you’re an athlete, fan, team executive, player rep, league insider or technologist, you’ll find significant value in being a part of the community. Our coverage focuses on three main stakeholders within sports—athletes, fans, and teams and leagues—and analyzes how technology affects these deeply interconnected parts of the industry.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Social Media Associate who can take the reins of managing SportTechie’s audience engagement across our social media platforms. As an outside-the-box thinker, incredible storyteller and analytics-savvy individual, this person should have the ability to craft creative and engaging social copy, run a consistent social media publishing schedule and be available for regular communication with the SportTechie team.
What you need to do
You will be empowered to:
– Manage SportTechie’s social media publishing strategy across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn (as well as other relevant platforms).
– Write creative copy for social media platforms to enhance SportTechie’s digital presence.
– Daily distribution and promotion of SportTechie editorial content.
– Ensure all social copy is clean and timely.
– Maintain a pulse on trends in sports and technology.
– Actively generate new social media concepts to increase audience engagement.
– Proactively engage in social conversations with SportTechie’s social audience.
What we are looking for:
– 2-3 years experience managing social media accounts at a digital publisher or brand.
– Experience scheduling content through a social media management tool (e.g. Buffer, Hootsuite, etc.).
– Success with creating viral content across social platforms.
– Experience in growing social and site traffic via engaging readers with creative content.
– PhotoShop, AfterEffects or other image editing software skills are a plus
Strong understanding of digital media, SEO, social media and online content strategy
– A savvy communicator and detail oriented individual
– Journalistic and editorial skills are a major plus, along with knowledge of the sports and technology industries.
– Work remotely with consistent daily communication with the SportTechie team
For consideration, please apply to this gig and copy/paste your resume in the pitch.