PR & Communications Hero for a Pet Startup
Do you LOVE marketing & pets? Do you enjoy working in a startup environment?
Basepaws is looking for a PR & Communications super start with previous experience in working with e-commerce and D2C businesses (pet business is a big plus) to accelerate our growth in the quickly-growing pet market. You will work closely with our Chief Meowketing Officer to develop and execute the brand’s PR strategy and relationship with relevant media. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand/partner brands and manage all community communications.
What you need to do
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES:
1. Building Brand to Drive Revenue:
– Build and execute a PR strategy under CMO’s supervision.
– Works collaboratively with local, regional and national resources to build awareness and increase exposure for the brand.
– Solicits new media outlets and pet media individuals.
– Uses creative selling abilities to obtain maximum exposure through pet/vet industry & lifestyle journalists and media outlets.
– Increases awareness within the pet media community as well as coordinating events to gain exposure and grow revenue.
– Supports the brand’s social media efforts, if applicable.
– Coordinates offer and information for all publications and inserts with regard to brand loyalty reward mailings.
– Develops brochures and company collateral materials.
– Ensures consistent brand and property message is communicated in all public relations and communications efforts.
2. Building Successful Relationships:
– Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new writers and local media to ensure future exposure. Activities include calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
– Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities and additional revenue.
– Conducts solicitation and maintenance calls to media.
– Provides all communications channels with creative and unique tools to assist in the public relations and communications of the brand.
– Assists in developing promotions for various campaigns.
– Coordinating Communication Efforts
– Provides accurate, complete and effective communications to visiting journalists, publicity or promotions.
– Evaluates new public relations opportunities for the company.
– Develops a strategic public relations plan for the brand.
– Supports all press releases and other content for print media and electronic media.
3. Additional Responsibilities:
– Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to the brand’s public materials.
– Ensures that the company is following all corporate public relations guidelines.