Head of Content & Creator
Do you LOVE every dog that crosses your path? Think cats are awesome? Then this company is for you. Basepaws is a unique pet genetics startup located in El Segundo, CA. We created the world’s more innovative DNA test for pets, and are the world leader in companion animal genetics, creating a world where pets and their people benefit from insights powered by DNA. We focus on the use of high throughput sequencing approaches, computational biology, systems biology, and machine learning to identify novel genetic factors that may influence a pet’s health, and our products span genetics, microbiome, nutrition, and therapeutic applications.
Who you are:
Basepaws is seeking a Content Creator and Communicator who will be an addition to our Marketing team, working in support of product, PR, and brand.
As a Content Creator at Basepaws, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing to create on-brand, broad and personalized content to increase reach and engagement of Basepaws consumers and prospects. If you are someone who has the energy to research, develop, deploy and measure content experiences that reach, engage and inspire pet parents, then this role is for you.
What you need to do
As a Content Creator for Basepaws, you’ll contribute to the consumer experience across marketing & communications, branding, and product. You will:
– Clearly communicate our brand voice through experiences that resonate with our target consumer(s) at moments that matter across the pet parent journey
– Develop and deploy a multi-media content strategy that delivers on business and brand goals focused on consumer growth and engagement
– Identify, plan and leverage internal and external moments of engagement with core consumers that drive category and brand awareness across owned, paid, social and earned media
– Review product and brand roadmaps and work directly with Product and Marketing Directors to identify new opportunities for targeted and personalized content
– Write short and long-form messaging and content such including ad and digital web copy, email/SMS messages, blog posts, videp scripts
-Listen to consumer voices to ensure an understanding and relevancy for content and messaging needs
– Foster a culture of agile content development and execution, allowing for real-time feedback and optimization
– Ensure appropriate KPIs are established, measured and analyzed for continuous program improvement
– Leverage internal and external partnerships to build collaborative and compelling content in support of programs and campaigns
· 3+ years of experience writing and editing content for digital. Experience with science/health-related content a plus
· Experience in consumer-friendly UX writing for consumer need-states
· Experience writing and testing content across multiple digital media including emails, web, and mobile applications
· Perspective and authority as a true “strategist,” offering stellar copy and content as well as recommendations about how the content narrative should unfold across all customer touchpoints
· Experience guiding and/or producing motion-based content, such as video; animation