New York (New York)
Square Root Creative is a fast-paced marketing agency that takes pride in producing exceptional quality work for our clients. We are looking for an outstanding copywriter with excellent writing and research skills.
About the position:
You will write and edit copy for a variety of projects including print, web, event, email marketing, demand generation, video, and social media. To be successful and enjoy this position you are a quick learner, good listener, and can do your own research. The majority of your work here will be technology related and, in the business-to-business sector. You will write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials.
• Recent writing experience in the technology, business-to-business sector.
• Know what B2B2C means.
• Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work.
• Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro. InDesign, Excel and HTML a plus.
What you need to do
Skills, expectations and projects:
• You can write clever headlines, but your forte is developing long-form copy such as brochures and marketing collateral.
• Understand how technology and software drives the back-end of businesses, connects workflow and creates efficiencies.
• Confidently craft paragraphs with sentences that connect to tell a fluid story.
• Take direction and write to a creative brief that meets the strategic direction and is in-line with brand guidelines, personality and tone.
• Be able to draft an outline from a client interview/project kick-off call.
• Take high-level B2B concepts and information and turn it into descriptive stories that are informative, interesting, and not overly lofty.
• Translate product features into consumer benefits that connects with the target audience and drives the desired actions. This requires the ability to identify end-user pain points and understand their impact.
• Ability to proofread your own work and familiarity with standard style guides.
• Happily, revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
• Understand how your copy will fit into design.
Other things to consider before sending a resume and work samples:
You want to work with a team that has a keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design.
• We are a collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times.
• You approach projects and life with a positive attitude.
• You can handle a crazy day and appreciate when it’s time to get sh*t done.
• Depending on the project you may work in tandem with account managers and creative staff.
Details & Location:
• Freelance to start, this help us both to ensure the right fit. Long-term/permanent position if successful.
• Open to onsite/offsite mix in New York City.
Interested? Please apply to this gig and copy/paste your resume in the pitch.